Westdale Co-operative has offered families across Hamilton a supportive and creative learning environment since 1974. Conveniently located in the heart of Westdale village in Hamilton, we are licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Education and we adhere to the regulations set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Flexible drop-off between 8:45-9:15 AM
- Flexible pick-up between 12:00-12:15 PM
- We are open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Parents can register their child(ren) for 5, 4, 3 or 2 days per week on a set schedule
- In addition to your child's set schedule, parents can also register for flex days (subject to availability, depending on enrollment)
Preschool Age Requirements:
- We welcome children between the ages of 18 months and 5 years.
- We currently have a limited number of spaces available for toddlers between 18-30 months. **Please complete the online registration form in order to arrange a meeting with our teachers to discuss your toddler's attendance.**
Preschool Fees (2018-2019 school year):
- $359/month for 5 days a week
- $299/month for 4 days a week (set day schedule)
- $239/month for 3 days a week (set day schedule)
- $185/month for 2 days a week (set day schedule)
- $25/day for flex days
our co-operative model:
At Westdale Co-operative Preschool parents and families are an integral part of the school. Every family's commitment and participation directly impact our children's experiences and are essential to the success of the preschool. Our preschool follows a 'co-operative' model. This means that parents are responsible for all preschool operations apart from our RECEs' teaching roles within the classroom. As such, each family is asked to join one of the preschool's committees upon registering. These committees are responsible for different aspects of preschool operations and give families a chance to work together while making new friends and ensuring memorable experiences for our kids year after year.
Key features of the westdale co-op preschool model
- We believe that children learn and develop skills through play, inquiry and exploration.
- Our teaching staff includes two nurturing and knowledgeable RECEs who devote their time to tailoring the program to the specific interests and abilities of the children in the class.
- Our class goes on many local walking trips throughout the year to the library and to observe and explore nature and the community.
- Our children spend at least 45 minutes per day enjoying a large gym where there is lots of space to run, play co-operative games/sports and climb on our climber (ideal for energetic little ones!)
- Classroom volunteering is optional, but we welcome and encourage in-class volunteering when you are available (provided all volunteer requirements are complete).
- Our children help to prepare and serve their snack each day. Snacks always include at least 2 food groups and are organic and/or locally grown whenever possible.